Search This Blog

Thursday, January 11

Samarra The Holy City

Samarra is one of Iraq's four holy cities and it is definitely very evident by the amount of mosques and how religious the people are here. Although the mosques are very beautiful buildings unfortunately alot of them have been damaged by bombs and fighting that has been going on here. It's quite a scary place and we certainly stand out from the crowd. I hope that we don't stay here too long.

There's nothing really for me to research here and I have become increasingly interested in water and how it has effects the people it surrounds so hopefully we will get back near some river's or lakes soon (and if for nothing else then just to cool down...it's sooo hot and my pale skin is sorched even though I am applying my suncream every hour) Oh well.

Bye for now,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment