Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 16

Horror Stories...

Today Robert took me to meet a boy called Mukisa. Robert found Mukisa and help treat him after a witch doctor abuducted him. Mukisa told us his story of how the witch doctor took him and left him for dead after cutting off his penis. He was just three years old when this happened. Mukisa's mother told us that everytime I look at him I ask myself how his future is going to be and how the rest of the community will look at him. I thought these were very harsh words from his own mother who nearly sounded as if she would have preferred him dead because of the shame it will bring to their family in the community.

Robert told me that Mukisa is only one of many stories that he could show me...although most aren't 'lucky' enough to get away.

Bye for now,

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment